Ingredients4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
4 tsp red curry paste (this is a Thai product that can be found in the "ethnic" section of your supermarket, and looks like this):
1 cup "light" coconut milk (not coconut water)
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 cups chopped kale or spinach
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper
- Coat skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger and curry paste. Stir until the chicken is thoroughly coated, and cook for 5 minutes
- Mix the coconut milk and broth and pour over the chicken, stirring to mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale, basil, salt and pepper. Stir until kale is wilted.
- Serve over rice, noodles or other grain. For a taste treat, serve over "zoodles" (see zoodles recipe here.